NDR Operations Manager (Maternity Cover)
Full-time (6 – 12 months)
Salary: Competitive & Excellent Benefits
Common Data Access Limited (CDA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oil & Gas UK. The company was established by industry in 1995 with the aim of sharing the costs and importantly also the benefits associated with managing subsurface Exploration and Production data through collaborative working. From 2019, CDA’s primary business will be to deliver and operate the UK’s first National Data Repository for offshore well and seismic survey information, under contract to the Oil & Gas Authority, the regulator of the UK’s oil and gas industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager within the CDA NDR Account Team to lead operations of the NDR on behalf of the OGA, the Greenland NPDR on behalf of the Government of Greenland, to provide significant support in the development and delivery of other CDA projects, including the development, transition, and operation of new managed services in support of other Oil & Gas UK teams.
The key responsibilities for the successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Manage the compliant delivery of CDA’s obligations under its NDR contracts with the OGA and the Government of Greenland, under agreed service levels, including commercial and operational management aspects
- Oversee and work with CDA’s service provider to develop and introduce new and improved functionality and services into the scope of the NDRs
- Collaborate with colleagues and CDA’s service provider to resolve technical and operational issues arising with the operation of the NDR platforms, including with respect to data loading, downloading, and commercial transactions
- Support colleagues in working with its customers to conduct audits as required under the NDR agreements
- Attend and make technical presentations at NDR meetings, trade conferences and other industry events as directed, and write technical papers as necessary to support these activities
- Support the successful development and integration of CDA Information Services within Oil & Gas UK’s portfolio
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of:
- Operational service management and delivery, ideally involving data management systems, and within an ITIL framework
- Well-developed project management skills and experience with good contract management and commercial skills
- E&P information types and current and legacy data formats and standards and how E&P data and information types are acquired, processed and used
- Oil and gas data management principles and practices, ideally a minimum of ‘Intermediate Skills’, in Well and Geophysical Data Management as assessed and evidenced in the CDA Competency Management System
- UKCS petroleum licensing processes and practices, together with UKCS regulations and legislation applicable to information and samples
- Effective and well-developed verbal and written skills
The successful candidate will be a graduate in Earth Sciences, Information Technology, GIS or Information or have equivalent relevant experience. A formal qualification in Petroleum Data Management would be an advantage.
This is an exciting role at the heart of one of the country’s most important industrial sectors. Candidates must be able to think clearly, critically and decisively. In return for hard work and commitment, the organisation offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Due to high volume of applications we will be unable to respond to each applicant. If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Closing date: 5th April 2019