There are several types of membership available for both the Well Data Collection and the Seismic Data Collection.
Full CDA Members enjoy the following rights and privileges:
- Representation on the CDA Council (and hence, if appointed, on the CDA Board);
- The right to submit data within the agreed scope for loading;
- The right to entitle their Owned Data to other designated parties;
- The right to access Owned Data and any other data entitled to them by other CDA Members; and
- The right to access all types of data that qualify for release by DECC (‘Shared Data’)
Only holders of UKCS Production Licences qualify to be CDA Full Member.
Associate Members are not permitted to load data to either Data Collection and are not represented on the CDA Council but are entitled to access most types of Shared Data (there are exceptions). Associate membership is limited to a single corporate entity and with regards to the number of users they are permitted at any time.
Partner Members are licence partners of CDA Full Members who are not already CDA Members. They have the following data access rights (but only to data in the Well Data Collection):
- any data explicitly entitled to them by the operator of a well in a licence in which they are a current partner (whether for a released or unreleased well) where the operator of the well is also a CDA Full Member;
- any data explicitly entitled to them by the operator of a well in a licence with whom their current licence operator has conducted a well trade (whether for a released or unreleased well) where the operator of the traded well is also a CDA Full Member.
Partner Members are not be entitled to access Shared Data.
DECC is entitled, under the existing licence agreements, to request any data or information pertaining to that licence. The Deed that exists between CDA and the DECC permits DECC to access data on the Data Collections entitled to them by Data Owners. By providing DECC with full, unhindered access to their data on the DataStores each Data Owner in CDA is able to avoid the necessity of sending data directly to DECC. DECC is not permitted to load data to the Data Collectionss nor does it have a seat on the CDA Council.
The CDA/DECC Deed also allows the DECC’s Well Release Agents to access entitled data in the Well Data Collection.