Guidelines & Best Practices
CDA has developed and published the following documents:
- CDA’s UKOilandGasData.com and Tertiary Education Institutes
- Data Management Value Study (Final Report 2011)
- Guidelines for Best Practice for Managing Information Transfer at the Time of Asset Sales (2013)
Retention of Information after Asset Decommissioning
The following documents are available, please click on the links below:
- Guidance on Retention of Information and Samples after Decommissioning
- Legislation Review and Example Records Retention Schedule for Oil and Gas (Excel)
The standards that CDA adopts or in some cases develops are governed by an ad hoc Standards Sub-Committee which is co-chaired by CDA’s Well Data Manager and the Seismic Data Manager. The work of the Standards Sub-committee is subject to approval by the CDA Council.
The Standards Sub-committee takes account of de facto industry standards, prescribed regulatory standardsand recognised good practice.
A list of CDA’s current standards can be viewed by clicking on the links below:
The following documents are also available, please click on the links below: